Lotus F1 Team Driver and Lumia Ambassador Romain Grosjean shares his passion for Formula One and the advanced technology collaboration between the Lotus F1 Team and Microsoft Lumia. Powered by the new Lumia 950, Windows 10 and advanced Microsoft technology.
Denmark’s Saxo Bank will be one the Lotus Formula One team’s sponsors this season, moving into motor racing after being involved in cycling since 2008, the company said on Monday.
Although limited in scope, the one-year deal is a boost for a Lotus outfit which had financial problems last season despite finishing fourth in the constructors’ standings.
Saxo Bank will use the Lotus team name in its marketing and also be able to host clients at Formula One races as a sponsor.
“This is a modest step in because we always like to test things out first,” said Lars Seier Christenesen, Saxo Bank co-CEO. “If it works, we’ll step it up,” he added. [Source]
[Photos via Twitter and Jens Alminde, Lars Seier Christensen and more on Facebook and other media]
Just in time for the partying that’s sure to take place during this weekend’s Monaco Grand Prix, French electronic music sensation Daft Punk has been named as the latest partner of the Lotus F1 Team.
Coincidentally, Daft Punk is in the process of promoting its new album Random Access Memories, and as part of the effort has signed a deal to have its logo plastered on the 2013 Lotus F1 car, located just in front of the driver.
A formal announcement of the partnership is yet to be announced, though the Lotus F1 Team has posted up a number of teaser videos on its official YouTube page.
Unofficial Wednesday test times from Jerez:
1. Romain Grosjean, Lotus, 1:18.218, 95 laps
2. Paul di Resta, Force India, 1:19.003, 95 laps
3. Daniel Ricciardo, Toro Rosso, 1:19.134, 83 laps
4. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 1:19.338, 101 laps
5. Nico Hulkenberg, Sauber, 1:19.502, 99 laps
6. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1:19.519, 15 laps
7. Sergio Perez, McLaren, 1:19.572, 81 laps
8. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 1:19.914, 78 laps
9. Pastor Maldonado, Williams, 1:20.693, 71 laps*
10. James Rossiter, Force India, 1:21.273, 19 laps
11. Giedo van der Garde, Caterham, 1:21.311, 88 laps
12. Luiz Razia, Marussia, 1:23.537, 31 laps
* Using 2012 car